News

Share:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email

E-mobility Index: the number of charging stations in Poland is growing

According to data from the end of January 2022, there were 39,328 passenger cars and 1,738 electric utility vehicles registered in Poland. In January, their number increased by 1,451 items, i.e. by 88% in the first group and by 81 items, i.e. by 145% in the second group, respectively, compared to the same period in 2021 – according to the Electromobility Meter launched by PZPM and PSPA.

At the end of January 2022, there were 39 328 electric passenger cars on Polish roads. Fully electric vehicles (BEVs) accounted for 49% (19,430 units) of this part of the vehicle fleet, and the remainder (51%) were plug-in hybrids (PHEVs). Electric vehicles) – 19,898 units. The fleet of electric vans and trucks amounted to 1,738 units. The fleet of electric mopeds and motorcycles, which at the end of January consisted of 10,667 units, as well as the number of passenger and hybrid passenger cars, is also growing. , which increased to 334,929 units. At the end of last month, the electric bus park in Poland increased to 655 units.

In parallel with the electric vehicle fleet, the charging infrastructure is also developing. At the end of January 2022, there were 1,992 publicly accessible charging stations for electric vehicles in Poland (3,893 points). 28% of them were fast DC charging stations and 72% were slow AC chargers with a power less than or equal to 22 kW. In January, 60 new, generally accessible charging stations (109 points) were launched.

– In the last three months, almost three times more generally accessible charging stations (280) have been launched in Poland than at the turn of 2021 and 2020 (101). Despite numerous system barriers, operators also initiate activities to increase the power of existing points and increase the number of chargers in already occupied locations. The network expansion will also be boosted by the charging infrastructure support program launched by the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management. The first effects of implementing the support system, translating into an increase in the number of points launched, may be visible in the second half of 2022 – says Maciej Mazur , Managing Director of PSPA.

– January 2022 was the month in which nearly three times more electric vans and trucks were registered than in the same period of 2021. The number of commercial vehicles is growing very dynamically, because on the one hand almost all manufacturers already offer electric vans and a growing number of manufacturers who also offer electric trucks up to 16t. On the other hand, more and more cities will close their centers to deliveries by internal combustion vehicles. This trend will certainly strengthen in the coming years. Moreover, despite the growing number of public charging points, their number is still insufficient. However, in the case of transport companies, this problem can be solved relatively easily thanks to the construction of dedicated charging points located in transport bases – says Jakub Faryś , President of PZPM.

& nbsp;

Also check:

More and more Poles are considering buying electric car

Jak uzyskać dostęp do Polish EV Outlook 2021?

Dostęp do Raportu jest płatny. W tym celu prosimy o kontakt: